Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mini-Comics Day!: Someone Does Not Want You to See This Poster

Here in McCleary the Post Office bulletin board is the central form of text communication. I have been putting up posters daily heralding the coming of Mini-Comics Day, and daily someone has been taking them them down, ripping them up, and throwing them in the garbage. It seems aimed pretty much at just this event as compared to other posters on the bulletin board.

And here I thought I was pretty much washed up as a cartoonist and self-publishing advocate, but apparently I still have the power to offend, so that feels good. I cannot even begin to guess why anyone would do this with such discipline. It is nice to know I can still get under the skin of some intolerant person. Most artists want to inspire people, but we cartoonists were born to step on toes in this ungentlemanly art, so this very targeted vandalism makes me feel like I'm doing my job.

Strike a blow for fun and creativity and come to the McCleary Community Center on May 26! If you don't feel like drawing anything, come and cheer on those who are willing to risk expressing themselves on paper. An event like this has never taken place in the entire history of McCleary, so come be a part of history.