Monday, May 7, 2012

Mitch Miller Always Gave Me the Creeps

I'm sure he was a nice person, but when I was a kid whenever his television show Sing Along With Mitch came on (early 1960s), I felt like fleeing the room. Yet I was transfixed into staying in place by what I perceived as his aura of eeeevil, commanding me to sing along whether I wanted to or not.

The fact he looked like another showman of the era, Satanist Anton LaVey, didn't help.

To this day I hate it when musical performers order an audience to obey their will with the words, "C'mon, everyone sing along! Hey! I can't hear you!" etc., etc. Listen, I came here to be entertained, not being bossed  around! What are you? A Stalinist? This is a big reason why I avoid live concerts.

I can't help but notice that the words "Satanist" and "Stalinist" are near anagrams.