Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Favorite Movie Quotes: The Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell

"You've asked to me state that I am unfit to remain in the Army because I have incurred the hostility of my superior officers. I can't admit that. And I won't. I've been wearing the uniform of the United States Army most of my adult life. I've worn it with pride. But, if being a good soldier is your kind of good soldier of being unable to think for himself or say what he thinks, of being narrow and blind and insensible to a higher duty, you can have the uniform and all that goes with it. If trying to do something for your country, if fighting to correct injustice is being a bad soldier then I'm glad I'm a bad soldier. This issue goes far beyond being a good soldier and his sense of the word. It goes beyond blind obedience. It depends on a man's faith, in his knowledge of what is right. If being a good soldier is submitting, dumbly and passively to injustice, indecision, and complacency then I'm, I'm glad I'm a bad one."