Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Phone photo 2842

I figured out that in east Grays Harbor County only about a third or fourth of the murals originally painted by James Abbott still remain from his whirlwind visual blitz in this neck of the woods throughout the 1990s.

One of the largest surviving works of Mr. Abbott can be found on the east wall of the old Rhodes Grocery in McCleary, Washington. I spent some time using my cheap phone photo skills to capture this work and the other graphics he left on this building.

In this particular case, James Abbott went crazy. He painted on all four sides of the structure, sometimes in places where the public couldn't really see very well. So far as I can ascertain, this place is his last surviving graphic presence in McCleary. So I recorded what is left of it before it gets erased.