Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cryogenic Comix # 11






1st edition, 1998, 15 copies (9 pink, 5 green 1 yellow cover-- all of these with yellow guts), regular digest size.

1st Danger Room Reprint Edition, June 2005, yellow, regular digest size.

From my notes it looks like the Cryogenic Comix series was published in batches in the last couple months of 1998. #1 was solo, # 2-4 were printed at the same time, and # 5-10 was a slightly later run.

# 11-17 appear to have been published as a batch, and finally # 18 was, for reasons that will be obvious when we get there, released as a solo.

This issue has preliminary drawings for a story I drew for one of Dale Luciano's Dada Gumbo anthology minicomix on page 2.

The centerspread has the finished first page of a tale I never published featuring Morty the Dog and Arnie Wormwood. I think I discarded it for some reason and started over, it looks to be vintage 1982 or 1983. The last two pages have drafts of characters I used in Cranium Frenzy # 3 (1982).