Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Morty Comix # 2658 - Updated!






Morty Comix # 2658 was sent to Buzz Buzzizyk in Butler, Pennsylvania. He made a "bootleg" copy to practice his enhanced dialogue and color scheme (pictured above). Then he worked on the original and distributed it. I don't know what he did with the final copy of this issue. I love the text he added here!

Once again, the mysterious Borpo Deets has a hand in this. What is it with this guy? I tried to visit him when I was in western PA a few months back but never quite connected. Tom Rehm and Mike Hill (check out Mike's very nice Worker Poet blog)  who apparently know him, were constantly changing the subject whenever the name "Borpo Deets" came up. 

There's a story here, but it is too cryptic for me to decipher.

I submit Deets has a hypnotic spell on Buzzizyk, Rehm and Hill and prefers to remain "the power behind the throne" of their artistic public face. Just a thought. I did catch wind that he's an older hermit guru type who actually physically recoils when puns are used in his presence. Also, I understand he basically lives on sauerkraut, calls everyone he initially meets a "douchebag," and enjoys capturing lightning bugs with his mouth.