Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Twisted Conundrums














1st edition, February 2001, 15 copies, orchid cover, regular digest size.

1st Danger Room reprint edition, June 2005, 5 copies, blue, regular digest size.

This is a great example of how my work can be recycled over and over, seemingly without end.

This was originally a column around 2000 in the weekly Seattle tabloid The Stranger. Well, I think it was. They sent me checks for each one, but I never did see them in print myself.

Some of the situations I used in comix prior to the column. In this book most of the drawings were cannibalized from my stories in the past.

Many of these columns were collected and given yet another life in OlyBlog, where I continue to occasionally add a few.

People who are around me a lot are now to trained to roll their eyes and groan in pain after hearing me open a sentence with the line, "What would you do if ..." But hey, that's how cartoonists think.

I say Conundrums. Rick of OlyBlog put together the collection under Conundra. The Guardian has a nice discussion on this difference.

Twisted