Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Morty Comix # 2644






Morty Comix # 2644 was left in a dead phone booth at a long dead grocery/gas mart in Satsop, Washington, a town in danger of becoming extinct, along with several other villages and municipalities in eastern Grays Harbor County, including my town, McCleary.

A local asked me what I was doing and I said I was recording places soon to be gone. Out here everyone wants to know your family connection, and I told him I was no connection to the well known dairy family around here with the same surname. My Willis family relatives migrated to Grays Harbor and Pacific counties early in the 20th century and many of them engaged in a variety of nefarious activities. I am the sole surnamed Willis left from my branch still living in either county. So I guess I should photograph myself to fit in with the rest of the subjects I capture.