Saturday, May 25, 2013

How to Clean Your Driveway the Cartoonist Way

It should go without saying this method was inspired by Rube Goldberg:

Here is how I clean my driveway. First, I wait until we get a lot of rain, more than usual. Then, when the middle of the carport develops a leak right over my car, Nadine, I know the the time has arrived for action.

A look at the carport roof reveals a body of water that could support some fairly good sized fish. Or a caiman.

But instead of calling the Board of Geographic Names to give this body of water an official designation, I reach in and pull the dead leaves away from the sole drainage outlet.

 Gallons of water cascade out with such force that the poor old gutter pipes can't handle it

So as a result my driveway gets a big wash, cleansing it of those cherry, plum and hawthorn blossoms.

The end.