Saturday, February 19, 2011

Retreads 13














1st edition, December 2005, 25 copies, white cover, regular digest size.

Trivia:

Cover, etc.: There are several images here from the final Morty Comix of the 20th century. Some of them were drawn in Kent, Columbus, and Worthington, Ohio during a business trip in November 1999. Interesting these should surface as I prepare to visit the Buckeye State again next month, but this time for fun-- SPACE!

Page 7: This was an unfinished story originally comprised of perhaps 4 pages. After I decided not to complete the thing I turned it into a Morty Comix.

Page 11: The gentleman with the flute is a portrait of John Barcellona and was used on a poster for an Olympia, Washington concert.

Page 12-13: A guide to Morty Comix originally compiled for OlyBlog.

Page 16-17: Clay Geerdes talked me into interviewing myself, but obviously I wasn't really in the mood at the time.

Page 20: In addition to this newspaper ad I also painted a big sign in color for Salt Creek Farm that had the same basic design as this panel. You can find the owners of this farm on pages 21-23 of How Two Ex-Presidents Went Up My Nose.

Pages 22-23: I miss Loafers in hardcopy and enjoyed drawing covers for them.