Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bezango "On Comics"



Olympia Power & Light is a biweekly paper in Olympia, Washington. It started up last December. I have an irregular column in there called "Bezango." If you look closely at the logo, you'll see a picture of Morty the Dog running. Editor Meta Hogan supplied that one. I could never place the source until I scanned and posted The Almost Complete Collected Morty Comix, and now I realize she found that image from the cover of that monograph. It works.

Since I had to haul out this newspaper to check the graphic, I might as well scan and post it. OP&L issue #14 (June 2-15, 2010) was the special comics issue, published in conjunction with the Olympia Comics festival. This column about cartooning was actually written about 6 months before. Olympia cartoonist Chelsea Baker convinced me to contribute a new 2010 work ("4 Panel Breakup") and Meta, I think, gave readers a sneak peek of page 2 or 3 of a new Morty story that may or may not ever get finished and/or published.