Friday, December 24, 2010

A List of Strange and Eerie Coincidences of Cosmic Significance Concerning the Lives of Millard Fillmore and Chester Alan Arthur







Full title: A List of Strange and Eerie Coincidences of Cosmic Significance Concerning the Lives of Millard Fillmore and Chester Alan Arthur : Earthshaking Evidence Which Will Change the Course of American Historiography.

Unrevised, marked-up, rough 1st edition, 1987, blue cover, regular digest size.

2nd edition, somewhat revised and bit less messy than the 1st edition, 1988, white cover, regular digest size.

I have no idea how many of these are out there, but it can't be too many. The 2nd edition, I think, was printed because a library in Montana actually requested one via interlibrary loan, so I cooked up a new edition with a very small run.

This was churned out on my old typewriter and looks it. The idea became a full exhibit at The Evergreen State College Library in late 1987. I later used most of the exciting facts as part of the story in How Two Ex-Presidents Went Up My Nose.

In my world view of predestination there is no such thing as coincidence or free will. So these Millard/Chester facts are not as eerie as they seem.

Sarah believes the world would be better off not knowing these Fillmore/Arthur facts. To broadly paraphrase her, she thinks civilization is not ready for this cosmic connection.