Monday, September 20, 2010

Morty Coins by Buzz Buzzizyk





Some of you might remember him from almost 20 years ago when he created very high energy comix under the name Maximum Traffic. His massive comix anthology Truth Be Known was published under his imprint in 1997. He flattered me by including some of my work in the book. But he changed his tag to Buzz Buzzizyk quite some time ago and has expanded his artistic talent to other mediums-- including producing coins out of clay.

Not too long ago he asked if he could use Morty the Dog's image on this coin of the obscuro realm and of course I was thrilled. Here we see a sampling of this very loose change, along with an image of the reverse sides.

Also-- talk about pushing someone's buttons!

When I basically went underground and practically vanished from the comix radar for a few years, Max (as I still call him) never gave up writing and sending me art.

He recently granted permission for me to scan and post our jams, so there will be some pretty wild work in posts to come. His stuff will wake you up.

If you want to contact Buzz and ask about his coins, or any of his other work, he can be reached at: 130 Short St., Butler, PA 16001