Friday, September 24, 2010

Mr. Crawford Raises Herfords, Too






First published in 2001, probably in October, with a massive print run of 10 copies (2 pink, 2 yellow, 2 yellow cardstock, 2 green, 2 red).

The 1st Danger Room Reprint Ed. of June 2005 had 6 copies (3 blue, 3 yellow). Two of these six are right here in front of me, so only four of these precious gems were let loose. And I very reluctantly let them go.

I believe the original source for the all the visuals and the text came from a 1950s Wyoming agricultural extension publication. I merely took the drawings and by enlarging certain portions created the greatest masterpiece of my comic career.

This is my best work ever, but I have yet to find anyone who agrees with me. In fact, this blog should just stop right now because it isn't going to get any better than this. Seriously, I laugh out loud every time I read this minicomic.

You think I'm kidding, don't you?

I'm not.

The last page never fails to warm my spleen. I also love the fact that "Herefords" is spelled "Herfords."

A super obscuro minicomic, you can still snap one up from Rick Bradford.

When I die, I want one of these cremated with me. If you want to unlock my mystery, if you want to know who really created all this Morty the Dog stuff-- this minicomic spells it all out.