Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Morty Comix #1025




These little Morty Comix were drawn as one-of-kind originals and I tossed them as freebies into many pieces of correspondence I had back in the 1980s.

Chris Bors (One Man Studio, Ithaca, New York) took one of the copies I sent him and printed up 50 numbered and hand colored copies in 1985. Although Morty Comix were frequently reprinted as a part of larger books, this is the only case I know of where someone printed a Morty Comix intended as an original art giveaway and made it into a published stand-alone minicomic.

The 1st Danger Room Reprint Ed. in June 2005 had 1 white and five pink copies. They were not colored, but Bors' shadings were reproduced.

I have no idea where the writing from the last page came from. Perhaps it was a line someone was saying on television while I was drawing.