Sunday, October 24, 2010

City Limits Gazette: Lynn Hansen Interview




This is from City Limits Gazette # Mermaid, mermaid, have you ever seen blood? (Sept. 1992). The issue's name came from a song my sweet little 4 year old daughter had invented and was singing with innocent joy.

One of the CLG features I enjoyed publishing were interviews with subscribers. Here's one with Lynn Hansen, who would've been 52 years old this month. He died in April 1995.

Lynn was a collector and had a regular comix review column in CLG. He was also my friend. Although he had been a house guest here in McCleary several times, and we talked on the phone and corresponded frequently, I found him to be an all-around enigmatic fellow who left a lot of mysterious loose ends when he departed. Believe me, I could write a long book about him, and maybe someday I will.

Notice also I included a sample of the "Bil Keane Watch." More on that later.