Monday, September 6, 2010

Yeah, But Where Is It?

The following email was discovered in our inbox this morning:

Hi Steve,

With a couple of coincidental happenings, I came across your name/artwork in a couple of places while learning what I could about mini comics. First on Richard Krauss's Midnight Fiction site and then in Michael Dower's Newave! book that came out earlier this year. I really enjoy your work and would love to purchase up anything that you may have available today, old or new, comics or zines. I've gotten a couple of older pieces from Rick at Poopsheet.

Richard made me aware that you have started a new blog which is how I'm contacting you now.

Thanks very much for your consideration,
D. B. W.


Thanks for asking, D.B.W. Life is sorta slow out here in the sticks of Grays Harbor County, Washington. The Fabulous Sarah has more or less coaxed my comix persona into the online world. Somehow the Muse had her fuse lit and now here I am. We are planning on getting the vintage stuff on the block, probably through eBay or something like that. I also have, I think, all the original artwork to one of the Cranium Frenzy comix (maybe #8 or #9) I'll put up for sale, just as soon as I fish it out of the place it fell between the filing cabinet and wall about a decade ago. Hopefully it is still in good shape.

We are still coming up with a plan on reprinting the over 120 solo titles I can re-release without special permissions. Quite frankly, the older I get the less I like collating, stapling, and folding. Michael Dowers has told me he gets an almost Zen like state of bliss in that activity, but I have grown to hate it.

I recently revived Morty Comix and have been working, slowly, like syrup, on a new Cranium Frenzy. Not sure if I'll ever finish the latter, or where the former will go.

In the meantime, Rick Bradford's Poopsheet is the outlet where you'll find most of my work available. Other older comix (and new stuff) have been scanned and appeared in OlyBlog under "Steve's Comix."

Stay tuned.